Sunday, November 22, 2009

G Force (retitled The Workout) - Gunnar Peterson

Well, I'm not as impressed as with Jim Karas. I will say that I love how he sets out the basic 13 exercises and then gives an almost ENDLESS number of ways you can modify and vary the moves. Do it standing, sitting, on a stability ball, etc. It's great as a reference because he shows you how to modify and then do the move with the tubing, dumbbells, barbells, etc.

So, my opinion is that it is very valuable, but still second to the Cardio Free diet. Definitely worth getting, though. Especially if you find it cheap somewhere like I picked it up as G Force for under 10 dollars at Garden Ridge. It has valuable info, but it is kind of drudgery to wade through all the Hollywood name-dropping and fitness babble. It could have been written in a better, more informative fashion. It didn't take too long to read because about 150 pages are just workout variations. It's the best part of the book, but not exactly a read-through segment.

In a week or so, I will start "The New Rules of Lifting" by Lou Schuler and Alwyn Cosgrove. It looks better than G Force, but only time will tell. I skimmed it and it definitely reads more smoothly and with a lot less annoying drivel.

No comments:

Post a Comment